Error: Could not access revision times
Mark Phippard
2018-11-07 13:10:49 UTC
Anyone seen this error before? This is in the Apache error logs and not
sure what it means:

[dav:error] Could not access revision times. [500, #175002]

Searching at svn.haxx.se only finds the commit where the message was
added. I think it is happening for a user doing a checkout but I am trying
to get the client side of this.
--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/
Pavel Lyalyakin
2018-11-07 13:16:13 UTC
Hello,
Post by Mark Phippard
[dav:error] Could not access revision times. [500, #175002]
Searching at svn.haxx.se only finds the commit where the message was added. I think it is happening for a user doing a checkout but I am trying to get the client side of this.
Do you use something non-standard like SVNKit to access the
repositories via Apache?
--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin
VisualSVN Team
Mark Phippard
2018-11-07 13:20:25 UTC
On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:16 AM Pavel Lyalyakin <
Post by Pavel Lyalyakin
Hello,
Post by Mark Phippard
Anyone seen this error before? This is in the Apache error logs and not
[dav:error] Could not access revision times. [500, #175002]
Searching at svn.haxx.se only finds the commit where the message was
added. I think it is happening for a user doing a checkout but I am trying
to get the client side of this.
Do you use something non-standard like SVNKit to access the
repositories via Apache?
Yes, the user that got this error was using SVNKit. I do not know if it
was via Jenkins, Eclipse or something else and that is why I am not sure
what the command was. I asked to recreate using SVN command line so we
could better understand what triggered it.
--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/
Daniel Shahaf
2018-11-08 09:51:46 UTC
Post by Mark Phippard
Yes, the user that got this error was using SVNKit. I do not know if it
was via Jenkins, Eclipse or something else and that is why I am not sure
what the command was. I asked to recreate using SVN command line so we
could better understand what triggered it.
To better understand what triggers the error we should patch subversion/mod_dav_svn/reports/dated-rev.c
to log the error that libsvn_repos returns there, and probably the
input date too.

It's a wild guess but perchance it's a 'svn co ${URL}@{DATE}' and the
binary search (to resolve {DATE} to a number) is failing due to authz?
Nathan Hartman
2018-11-09 14:27:47 UTC
Or due to non-chronological commits? (Just another wild guess.)
Daniel Shahaf
2018-11-10 00:27:30 UTC
Post by Nathan Hartman
Post by Daniel Shahaf
binary search (to resolve {DATE} to a number) is failing due to authz?
Or due to non-chronological commits? (Just another wild guess.)
Might be commits without svn:date.

Non-chronological commits shouldn't result in an error; just in
a possibly-wrong answer. (There might not _be_ a correct answer,
of course.)