Error E145001
x***@seznam.cz
2018-11-06 12:29:35 UTC
Hello,
I am trying to remove symbolic link that is currently under version control but with keeping it in the file system. I try to do it like this:
svn delete --keep-local xyz

When now trying to commit this change, I get following error:
svn: E145001: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E145001: Entry 'xyz' has unexpectedly changed special status

svn --version
svn, version 1.7.14 (r1542130)

Is this a bug or just wrong approach?
Thanks for help,
Dan
Branko Čibej
2018-11-06 14:41:01 UTC
Post by x***@seznam.cz
Hello,
svn delete --keep-local xyz
svn: E145001: Entry 'xyz' has unexpectedly changed special status
svn --version
svn, version 1.7.14 (r1542130)
Is this a bug or just wrong approach?
It's a bug in a version of Subversion that's far too old. You really
should upgrade if you can; 1.7.x and 1.8.x are no longer supported.

It works with 1.11:

$ svnadmin create repo
$ svn co file://$(pwd)/repo wc
Checked out revision 0.
$ ln -s foo wc/bar
$ svn add wc/bar
A wc/bar
$ svn ci -mm wc
Adding wc/bar
Transmitting file data .done
Committing transaction...
Committed revision 1.
$ svn rm --keep-local wc/bar
D wc/bar
$ svn ci -mm wc
Deleting wc/bar
Committing transaction...
Committed revision 2.
$ svn st wc
? wc/bar
$ ls -l wc
total 0
lrwxr-xr-x 1 brane staff 3 6 Nov 15:36 bar -> foo

-- Brane
x***@seznam.cz
2018-11-08 13:55:49 UTC
Hi Brane,
thank you for quick response.
Unfortunately I cannot update to newer Subversion.
I have removed it without the --keep-local parameter

Thanks,
Dan
Post by Branko Čibej
Post by x***@seznam.cz